Sunday, July 10, 2011

Domestic Diva

I don't do the lion's share of cooking in our household.  But the urge hit me to cook this weekend so we invited our neighbors over for a Sunday morning breakfast.  I decided to make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.  I used this recipe.  Kris was nervous about straying from the tried and true Aunt Jemima pancake mix, but these were delicious!  The ricotta made the pancakes light and fluffy and the lemon wasn't strong but a nice touch.  


Pancake Batter

Pancakes on the Griddle

In addition to the pancakes, I also made blueberry sauce using this recipe.  The blueberry sauce was an awesome compliment to the lemon pancakes.  My neighbor also made homemade lemon curd from her own recipe.  Here is a recipe you could use for it as well.

Blueberry sauce cooking
Here is my final confection put together, the pancakes with lemon curd, blueberry sauce and a sprinkling of confectioner's sugar.  Bon Appetit!

Finished Product



1 comment: