Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Scout!!

Yesterday, my little baby Scout turned six!  I can still remember the first night we brought her home.  It was a spur-of-the-moment decision.  Kris made the suggestion that we should think about getting a dog.  It didn't take anything more than that comment for me to have called every golden retriever listing in the papers.  One that was five minutes away from us had one female golden retriever left.  I said we would be there in ten minutes.  We got in the car, went to the house and I was completely smitten with Scout the first time I met her.  There was no discussion.  Kris was writing the check and I was in the car with our newest family member.  It is amazing the love people have for their pets, and vice-versa.  We were truly blessed the day Scout was born!

Below is Scout the first night Kris and I had her and then on her 6th birthday yesterday sharing her birthday penguin cookie with Luna.

Baby Scout the first night we had her
Scout (on the right) sharing her birthday penguin cookie with her little sister Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment