Thursday, July 7, 2011

Feeling a Little Blue

So blue has been a favorite of mine in terms of colors.  It brings out my eyes, it complements my blond hair and in the summer it is the perfect complementary color to a tan.  In the winter, I tend to go much darker with my nails but that is a little harsh for the summer time.  I saw a post on the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere and loved it. 

This past weekend I was at the store and found Essie's new summer collection full of blues.  I purchased these two bottles:
On the right is Turquoise and Caicos and on the left is Aruba Blue

I did the Aruba Blue color for the toe nails and did the Turquoise and Caicos on my finger nails.  In following the idea that was on Cupcakes and Cashmere's blog, I also added a little bit of sparkle to the ring finger.  I dipped a small paint brush in top coat and and then dipped it in Martha Stewart Turquoise Glitter and added it to the ends of my nails. 

Here is the final result for my finger nails.  I was pretty excited about it:



They remind me of the waters from my Caribbean vacation in April, and what is more happy than that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment